- PDP has gotten most of Abia State Political Muscles.
- PDP currently defeats any candidate that stands against the party in the polls.
- Currently, Orji Uzor Kalu’s brother Mascot Uzor Kalu of APC loses to PDP Chimaobi Ebisike on the Aba Reps bye-elections.
Chimaobi Ebisike, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Aba North and South Federal Constituency bye-election conducted on Saturday, March 27, has emerged victorious.
According to Daily Trust reports, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)’s Returning Officer for the exercise, Professor Fidelis Okpata, announced the result in the early hours of Sunday, March 28.
From the result aggregates gotten by The Nations Newspaper, Chimaobi Ebisike of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) polled 10,322 votes to defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Mascot Uzor Kalu, who scored 3,674 votes.
Other candidates in the poll and their results:
- Destiny Nwagwu (All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) – 1,554
- Okey Prestige (Action Alliance (AA) – 199
- APM – 10 4.
- NRM – 13 Ossy Prestige of APGA was the representative of the constituency but he died on February 6.